Academic misconduct at UC Irvine
Please read the Senate policy (UC Irvine Academic Senate Manual, Appendix VIII) to understand
student, faculty, and Associate Dean rights and responsibilities concerning incidents of Academic Misconduct.
Both students and faculty should direct their questions to the Associate Dean of their school
and/or the Dean of the Division of Undergraduate or Graduate Education (as appropriate)
- Any student cited for Academic Misconduct will have the report kept on file for 5 years.
- During this time, a second incident report would likely trigger suspension or dismissal from UCI.
- A single incident on file usually also results in the student being ineligible for honors at graduation.
- Many graduate and professional programs request this information and it may affect admission
- Summary of recent incidents of Academic Misconduct